Status of Project?

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:47 PM
What is the status of this project? You've made significant progress and it seems very close to being production ready even though you recommend use otherwise. I'd really like to make use of this project but need confidence that SheepAspect will support newer versions of IL (if any) and that support for weaving Around the use of property accessors (get/set) will be added.

Through all my research, this has been the cleanest/easiest to use implementation of compile time / static weaving AOP for .NET. I'd really like to leverage this project. If this is no longer supported, can you please propose an open source alternative that supports compile time weaving?
Coordinator
Dec 22, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Thanks for looking into the project and your encouragement. As much as I'd love to have an AspectJ-like framework on .Net, the truth is SheepAspect is something I wrote during my spare time outside my day job, and unfortunately at the moment it's no longer a top priority within a number things on my hands that I can squeeze into whatever spare time I can get. I left the project at a state where it was useful enough for my need (e.g. methods/fields interceptor, mixins, etc) but it's still quite a while away from becoming a fully featured product, let alone to reaching the state of ecosystem that makes AspectJ great/useful (i.e. many of big mainstream frameworks and ORMs in Java rely on AspectJ to create a great and seamless dev experience). And of course there are also a great risk of some serious bugs on SheepAspect that I can't personally say I'd be able to support.
I know this is not quite a satisfying answer, sorry.
However though, i'd be more than happy if you (or someone you know) are willing to take this project further.
Dec 24, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Edited Dec 24, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Hi, I am following your library for some time. It was very nice intro for me into actually "usable" AOP world that I could understand. Thank you for your efforts.
Currently I am planning to evaluate SheepAspect together with DryIoc as it is currently lacking interception abilities.
May be if it clicks successfully I will look into supporting it.